THIS IS HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
last edited: 30th November 2019
WHAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
When you provide us information about yourself to us, we collect it.
We may collect information from you in a number of ways. For example, we may collect Personal Identifiable Information (PII) from you if you choose to create an account with us, complete an online survey or feedback form, rate or review products, sign up to receive communications from us, email us, or order any products or e-gift cards. We may ask you to provide information such as your contact information (name, email address, mailing address, telephone number), age, gender, and product or the brands and products you use. If you purchase a product through the Site, we also will collect your delivery and billing addresses and credit card or other payment method information (type, number, expiration date, card security code). We will collect or generate information about your transaction history and interaction with the Site. Users registering an account also must enter a username and/or password.
HOW WE COLLECT OTHER INFORMATION
We automatically receive non-personal information when you visit and interact with the Site and can collect information from other sources. Scent Haven may collect information using cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, or through third parties using similar technologies. A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on your computer. When you visit the Site, your web browser may store cookies on your computer, which will better enable you to navigate the Site upon return. You may use the Site even if you choose to reject or delete the cookies. Cookies also may be used by some of the other websites for which a link is placed on the Site.
We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms like social media, marketing or ad firms. The information we collect may include your username and connection services, age range, gender, interests, advertisement interaction and viewing data and unique identifiers like a mobile identification number. We may combine this non-personal information with personal information, and will treat the combined information as personal information.
CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
If you are under13 years old, please DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
As part of their privacy policies, social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube specify that users must be at least 13 years old. Parents may be unaware of this requirement.
The minimum age stipulations are based on the requirements of the US Congress as set out in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. The act specifies that website operators must gain verifiable parental consent prior to collecting any personal information from a child younger than 13 years old.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under age 13. If you are under age 13, you are not permitted to use the Site. If you are 13 – 17 years old, by browsing the Site you confirm that you have the permission of a parent or guardian to do so. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks; all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on Scent Haven’s system.
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to communicate with you, advertise and of course, improve our Site.
We may use any of the information we collect from you to serve you, respond to you, provide customer service and improve the Site and our products and services, including:
- process and fulfil your orders, and process payments;
- alert you to new features, products, events, or services;
- process and respond to your customer service request or feedback;
- contact you about your account or profile; for example, we send all registered users a welcome email to confirm registration;
- improve the Site and create marketing plans;
- implement credit fraud protection and risk reduction measures;
- make other marketing offers from our affiliates and marketing partners that we think may be of interest of you;
- enforce the terms of service; and
- for any other reason you provided the information.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not share and trade your Personal Identifiable Information (PII) we have collected on our Site.
This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when the release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Scent Haven may disclose the information it collects about you to:
- to our service providers, sponsors, suppliers, vendors, and others who help Scent Haven provide the Site to you;
- our affiliates and to merchants, licensors, activity and event partners and sponsors, and other third parties for their own marketing purposes, such as to provide information to you about their new developments, special events, programs, services, activities, products, attractions, stores, promotions and sweepstakes activities, and other important information;
- third parties to provide analytics or to confirm or update the information provided by you;
- third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or disposition of all or any portion of Scent Haven’s business or operations (including without limitation in connection with a bankruptcy or any similar proceedings); or
- as otherwise authorized by you.
We also may use or share non-personal identifiable information with third parties.
If you elect to participate in any promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, questionnaires, or other events during your visit to the Site, the rules or terms and conditions for those events may indicate that your information will be shared with third parties with your consent. Please review the applicable rules or terms and conditions for any promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, questionnaires or events.
OPTING-OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
You may opt-out of receiving future communications from us. You may change your preferences at any time by revising your account profile by un-checking the boxes for subscribed communications or services.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We are not responsible for linked sites.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
We don’t want to send your perfume to the wrong home. You must keep your information current and updated.
You are responsible for keeping your information current. You may update your shipping information by logging into your account and making edits to ‘Your Profile’. Similarly, you may update your personal information, password and subscription status by logging into your account.
LET US KNOW HOW WE ARE DOING
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can add new question here